Skip to main content

First Time Trying GHANAIAN FOOD!! Amazing Palm Nut Soup in Accra, Ghana, West Africa!

First Time Trying GHANAIAN FOOD!! 

Amazing Palm Nut Soup in Accra, Ghana, 

West Africa!

by

Mark Wiens



This was Day 1 of my trip to Ghana - searching out amazing Ghanian, West African food! So I wasn’t totally sure all that I was doing - but this is part of the reason I love traveling and going to places I have never been before - it gives you the chance to learn, and try new things. Heavy-Do Chop Bar - First restaurant we stopped at in Accra, is Heavy-Do Chop Bar, don’t you love the name? Now a Chop Bar in Ghana is a local style restaurant, oftentimes in a home-like compound or in the backyard. This place is quite well known in Ghana, and they are known for a reason, their food is incredible. I didn’t know it until eating there, but one of their specialties is omo tuo, which are Ghanaian style rice balls, eaten with a variety of different meats and soups. I ordered the rice balls with palm nut soup and red fish. It was insanely delicious! Lolonyo Tilapia Base (Duncan's Pub) - For dinner on my first day in Accra, Ghana, we headed over to a legendary place to eat grilled tilapia. The actual restaurant is called Lolonyo Tilapia Base, but most people know it as Duncan's Pub, which is right next to the fish spot. In the evening, people come here to eat grilled Ghanaian style tilapia, and it’s excellent. Along with the grilled fish, the part I loved the most was the pepper sauce - a chili mix that was extraordinary. This was just my first day eating Ghanaian food in Accra, Ghana. I learned a lot, and I have a few more amazing West African food tours of Ghana coming up!

Comments

Google Adsense Advert ( I get paid a commission if you click this banner)

Popular posts from this blog

CHAI TEA

actually be two posts today, (Shabushi Buffet | Shabu-Shabu in Thailand | Thai Hotpot)

Shabushi Buffet | Shabu-Shabu in Thailand | Thai Hotpot share like comment subscribe most of all click below and book hotel and flight CLICK LINK TO BOOK

Taiwanese Braised Minced Pork

    Taiwanese Braised Minced Pork Recipe This Taiwanese braised minced pork recipe, also called ‘ro zao’ in Mandarin (or Lu Rou Fan 滷肉飯) is probably my favorite dish that reminds me of home and childhood. My mom would make this for us all the time and it is a traditional Taiwanese dish that we loved. The braised minced pork would make the entire house smell so good. Honestly, whenever I make this, the scent immediately brings me back to the house I grew up in. I remember when I first started living on my own, I had asked my mom to teach me how to make this because it was serious comfort food for me and it’s so easy to make a big batch of it to have throughout the week. I think it’s fascinating that cooking can evoke such emotion and memory. The scent, the taste — it all brings you back. What does braised minced pork taste like? The predominant flavor is Chinese five spice and soy sauce, but it’s hard to explain how good these flavors are together. Chinese five spice is a warming spice