Skip to main content

Street Food in Ghana - GIANT CHOP-BAR LUNCH and West African Food Tour in Accra!

Street Food in Ghana - GIANT CHOP-BAR LUNCH 

& 

West African Food Tour in Accra!

 by
Mark Wiens



Anyway, so Jay took me an ultimate street food tour in Accra, here’s all the amazing food we ate: Red red (bean stew) and plantain - This was the first stop, a small stall that Jay has been eating at for years. They fry plantain, and then serve the plantain along with beans stewed in palm nut oil, and combine it with gari, which are cassava flakes. The result, is a filling and very satisfying combination of sweet and tangy plantains with salty oily beans. What’s key as Jay explained to me is the palm nut oil, which provides so much oil and fragrance. It was delicious, and a perfect way to begin this Ghanaian street food tour in Accra! Total price - 4 GHC ($0.90) Nima Market - Next we caught a taxi to Nima Market, known for its spices. We tried everything we could find, which was quite a lot of snacks here and there. The market was fantastic to walk around, full of action and energy. Coconut toffee Tigernuts - 1 GHC ($0.20) Masa - 1 GHC ($0.20) Zowey (adaakwa) - 1 GHC ($0.20) Kulikuli - 1 GHC ($0.20) Boiled egg - 1 GHC ($0.20) Fried cheese - 1 GHC ($0.20) Burkina - 3 GHC ($0.70) Bofrot - 1 GHC ($0.20) Peace Chop Bar (Chop Bar - Local Ghanaian restaurant) - Finally, to end this street food tour of Ghana in Accra, we stopped back at the chop bar that we had visited earlier in the morning. Seeing the cooking was sensational, it only made me hungrier for lunch. By the time we arrived back, they had already sold out of a few dishes, but there was still plenty enough to choose from. I tried the banku with goat meat, and it was fantastic. Total price - 36 GHC ($7.90) This was an incredible day of eating street food in Accra. Many thanks to Jay!



Comments

Google Adsense Advert ( I get paid a commission if you click this banner)

Popular posts from this blog

CHAI TEA

actually be two posts today, (Shabushi Buffet | Shabu-Shabu in Thailand | Thai Hotpot)

Shabushi Buffet | Shabu-Shabu in Thailand | Thai Hotpot share like comment subscribe most of all click below and book hotel and flight CLICK LINK TO BOOK

Taiwanese Braised Minced Pork

    Taiwanese Braised Minced Pork Recipe This Taiwanese braised minced pork recipe, also called ‘ro zao’ in Mandarin (or Lu Rou Fan 滷肉飯) is probably my favorite dish that reminds me of home and childhood. My mom would make this for us all the time and it is a traditional Taiwanese dish that we loved. The braised minced pork would make the entire house smell so good. Honestly, whenever I make this, the scent immediately brings me back to the house I grew up in. I remember when I first started living on my own, I had asked my mom to teach me how to make this because it was serious comfort food for me and it’s so easy to make a big batch of it to have throughout the week. I think it’s fascinating that cooking can evoke such emotion and memory. The scent, the taste — it all brings you back. What does braised minced pork taste like? The predominant flavor is Chinese five spice and soy sauce, but it’s hard to explain how good these flavors are together. Chinese five spice is a warming spice